Friday, June 17, 2011

Little Recap Can't Hurt

So, at this point I figured it would be a somewhat interesting exercise to run through the beers I've reviewed and compile some overall statistics. I will probably do this every so often just to give a general recap of what I've been drinking and some of the other types of descriptive statistics.

Beers: 25

By State: okay, so yeah...I'm a bit biased right now, considering I live IN Wisconsin and there are so many good local brews. I can't promise that breakdown will change, but I will do my best :-)
WI: 15
MD: 2
IL: 2
IN: 2
MO: 1
PA: 1
Belgium (yeah I know it's not a state, but whaddya gonna do?): 2

Breweries: I've reviewed beers, thus far, from 17 different breweries and will definitely continue to expand that number.

Beer Types: I feel like (other than IPA) I've gotten a pretty good scatter on this. I am going to continue to try to try new types of beer and to get more depth on what I've already tried so I can get some better comparisons and ideas of what I'm looking for in each. Namely, I hope to expand to start appreciating some darker beers (stouts, porters, etc.) but I feel like that may be waiting until the fall/winter comes, as that's when those brews are at their peak.

Lager (misc): 2
India Pale Ale: 7
Double India Pale Ale: 2
Hefeweizen: 3
American Pale Ale: 2
American Pale Wheat Ale: 3
Kolsch: 1
Scottish Ale: 1
Belgian Ale: 3
Amber: 1

Breakdown by Grade:
A+: 1
A: 1
A-: 6
B+: 3
B: 5
B-: 3
C+: 1
C: 1
C-: 2
D+: 1
D: 0
D-: 0
F: 1

Best Grade: Gumballhead (A+) - it's a damn shame they only ship to 4-5 states in the Midwest...guess you'll have to visit WI, IN, IL, OH, or KY :-P

Worst Grade: Wild Blue (F) - yes, this was a shameful mistake. 

As a closing note, anyone who reads this (whether regularly or a one time deal) please get in touch with me and recommend some of your favorite beers so I can try them out and see what I think. I'm not running this blog because I think that people are going to tune in on a widespread scale to read what I think about beer. I'm doing this because I love trying new beers and figured I would start to try to appreciate what I'm drinking. I am always open to new suggestions; I hope that you all enjoy the blog as much as I do!

Cheers,
Hurls

No comments:

Post a Comment